Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: Sgt to Pvt
Job Description: Motor vehicle operators operate passenger and cargo carrying wheeled vehicles (except LVS's) to include M-Series tactical vehicles to rated capacity.
(1) Must possess an MM score of 85 or higher.
(2) Complete the Motor Vehicle Operator Course (7T).
(3) Non-MOS qualified Reserve Marines unable to attend the regular formal school course may be certified for MOS 3531, as an AMOS-only, by the unit commander upon successful completion of the Alternate Training Instructional Program (ATIP) of the Marine Force Reserves. The ATIP for MOS 3531 Marines is found in Force Order 1535.1 and consists of core tasks to be performed to standard during MOJT at the unit prior to attending a Motor Vehicle Operator MTT. A minimum of 6-months MOJT while assigned to a 3531 billet is required.
(4) Meet the prerequisites of MCO 11240.66 and TM-11240-15/3.
(5) Must possess a valid state driver's license (with the exception of students attending the MOS producing school at the FLC, Ft. Leonard Wood, MO.
(6) Past driving record evidenced by a search of the National Driver Register.
(7) Possess a U.S. Government motor vehicle operator's identification card for an M-Series 7 Ton vehicle.
(8) No more than one yes in block number 6 on the physical fitness inquiry for motor vehicle operators (OF-345) is acceptable.
(9) Must have normal color vision.
(10) Minimum height for vehicle operation is 64 inches.
(11) Maximum height for vehicle operation is 75 inches.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.68, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Truck Driver, Heavy 905.663-014.
(2) Tractor-Trailer-Truck Driver 904.383-010.
(3) Tank-Truck Driver 903.683-018.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Logistics Vehicle SY3tem Operator, 3533.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3