Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Finance technicians perform the duties associated with the maintenance, review, payments processing of master pay accounts, and the fiscal accounting supporting the transactions. Finance technicians also perform duties incident to the adjudication, computation, review, and payment of vouchers of reimbursement for official travel. Finance technician staff NCOs supervise subordinates working in master pay accounts and/or official travel payment functions. Finance technicians may be assigned to finance offices in either the operating forces or the shore establishment. Marines serving as finance technicians must have a fundamental understanding of related computer system applications.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic Finance Technician Course, given by the Financial Management School, MCB Camp Lejeune, NC.
(3) Secret security clearance may be required based on billet assigned.
(4) NO convictions by court-martial, civilian courts, or nonjudicial punishment of any act involving larceny or theft.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.75, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Payroll Clerk 215.482-010.
(2) Payroll Clerk Chief 215.137-014.
(3) Accountant 160.167-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Fiscal/Budget Technician, MOS 3451.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3