Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Food service specialists function in the garrison and field environment in every aspect of food preparation, administration, procurement, storage, distribution, to include funding, requisitioning, purchasing, receiving, accounting, and storing subsistence supplies required for troop consumption and/or for resale activities, units, and organizations, cooking, baking, and serving. Additionally, they perform quality assurance surveillance of food service contracts. Typical duties are preparing fruits and vegetables, meat, fish and poultry for cooking, seasoning food, baking of bread and pastry products; verify incoming shipments, prepare reports of supplies received, prepare, edit, and consolidate back-orders for subsistence stores and quality assurance evaluations. The most senior grades act as an administrative assistant to the Food Service Officer/Food Service Operations Officer and Contracting Officers Representative to the Installation Contracting Office.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 90 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic Food Services Course or complete a minimum of 6 months OJT as a Food Service Specialist for initial MOS award, the Food Service NCO Course at the corporal level, the SNCO Course at the staff sergeant level, and the Senior Food Service Course at the master sergeant level. All courses are taught at the U.S. Army Quartermaster School, Fort Lee, VA.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.72 , Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Stock Clerk 222.387-058
(2) Inventory Clerk 222.387-026
(3) Chef 313.131-014.
(4) Cook. Head, School Cafeteria 313.131-018.
(5) Baker 313.381-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Warehouse Clerk, 3051.
(2) Supply Administration and operations Clerk, 3043.
(3) Marine Aide, 3372.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3