Type of MOS : NMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Sgt
Job Description: Marine aides are authorized for the purpose of relieving general and flag officers of those minor tasks and details that if performed by the officer, would be at the expense of the officer's primary military and official duties. The duties of these enlisted personnel shall be concerned with tasks relating to the military and official responsibilities of officers, to include assisting general and flag officers in discharging their official DoD social responsibilities in their assigned positions. The propriety of such duties is qoverned by the official purpose that they serve rather than the nature of the duties. Marine aides may be tasked to assist with the care, cleanliness and order of assigned quarters, uniforms and military personal equipment; perform as point of contact in the officer's quarters; assist in planning, preparing, and conducting official social functions; assist in purchasing, preparing, and serving food and beverages in the officer's assigned quarters; and accomplish tasks which aid the officer in performing his military and official responsibilities, including providing security for the quarters and providing administrative assistance.
(1) Holds primary MOS 3381.
(2) Must possess a GT score of 90 or higher.
(3) Complete the Food Service NCO Course at the corporal level, and the Food Service SNCO Course at the staff sergeant level. Prior to assignment to a general officer, must attend Advanced Culinary and Skills Training Course.
(4) Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
(5) Does not have a record of offenses, indebtedness, or chronic domestic problems.
(6) Must, at a minimum, hold the rank of sergeant.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.72, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Stock Clerk 222.387-058
(2) Inventory Clerk 222.387-026
(3) Chef 313.131-014.
(4) Cook. Head, School Cafeteria 313.131-018.
(5) Baker 313.381-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Warehouse Clerk, 3051.
(2) Supply Administration and operations Clerk, 3043.
(3) Marine Aide, 3372.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3