Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Packaging specialists plan, supervise, train, and perform various duties pertaining to the preparation and packaging of various types of material for movement or shipment by common carriers. Tasks include cleaning, drying, preserving, packing, marking, and materiel consolidation and unitization. Through additional training received at formal and follow-on training schools and on-the-job training, packaging specialists become proficient in facilities management, materiel management processes and procedures applicable to the protection of material from deterioration and/or physical damage. They are further instructed in the use of motorized materiel handling equipment and the operation of labor saving devices and machinery to accomplish packaging operations. Administrative activities involve the establishment of quality control functions to be used to meet materiel-processing requirements, and processing forms used in the packaging, warehousing, and transportation operations. Packaging specialists are required to know or be familiar with all State, Federal, and Department of Defense regulations governing the preparation and transportation of all classes of material (to include the preparation of associated forms and certifications) for shipment by contract carrier.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 80 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic Preservation and packaging Course at MCSSS, Camp Lejeune, NC.
(3) Complete the Packaging Technology and Administration Courses at the School of Military Packaging Technology, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. These include the Defense Vehicle Processing for Shipment or Storage Course, Defense Basic Preservation and Packaging Course, Defense Packaging of Hazardous Materials for Transportation Course, and the Defense Marking for Shipping and Storage Course.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.73, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Woodworking Shop Hand 769.6B7-054.
(2) Packaging Machine Tenders 920.685-078.
(3) Painting Machine Operators 599.685-074.
(4) Material Scheduler 012.167-082.
(5) Warehouse Supervisors 929.137-022.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3