Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt toPvt
Job Description: Warehouse clerks perform various duties which include receiving, inspecting, locating, storing, rotating, safekeeping, issuing, preparing, shipping, material return and disposal of supplies and equipment as relates to ground supply operations. These clerks maintain personal computer and mainframe locator systems, conduct inventories, maintain records of subcustody principal end items, monitor shelf life items through CD ROM and the mainframe support systems, and input data entry transactions and retrieval of historical records. They maintain hand held optical character recognition scanners, devices, and multimedia retrieval systems. These Marines are licensed to operate MHE (forklifts, tractors, etc.) and operate bulk and small parts conveyer systems used in warehousing operations. They identify packaging requirements and ensure items are maintained as required; comply with fire and safety regulations; use protective measures for items in storage, including open storage lots and hazardous materials storage areas; establish field supply support areas. Use detailed technical data from the Federal Logistics System in the care and storage program; develop storage space requirements; and store materiel per weight, cube, and clearance factors by categories of supply.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 90 or higher.
(2) Complete the Enlisted Warehouseman Basic Course at the MCSSS, Camp Lejeune, NC.
(3) No convictions by court-martial, civilian courts, or nonjudicial punishment of any act involving larceny or theft.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.73, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Merchandise Distributor 219.367-018.
(2) Space and Storage Clerk 219.387-026.
(3) Stock Control Clerk 219.3B7-030.
(4) Inventory Clerk 222.387-026.
(5) Stock Clerk 222.387-058.
(6) Storekeeper 222.387-062.
(7) Order Filler 222.487-014.
(8) Parts Order and Stock Clerk 249.367-058.
(9) Data Entry Clerk 203.582-054.
(10) Warehouse Supervisors 929.137-022.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3