Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Sgt
Job Description: Metrology technicians encompass every facet of metrology. Typical duties of metrology technicians include calibrating precision electronic, mechanical, physical, optical, infrared and laser, and TMDE through use of measurement standards having a higher order of accuracy; reporting the results of calibrations; maintaining the calibration facilities standards and scheduling the comparison of the standards not within the calibration facilities capability to a higher echelon calibration laboratory; ensuring calibration traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology of all calibrations performed; receiving, unpacking, and preparing shipments of delicate TMDE; determining the nature of calibration to be performed based on user requirements, procedures, and design specifications; performing repair incidental to performing a successful calibration; supervising the operation of a field or depot TMDE calibration and maintenance facility; scheduling calibration workflow; preparing and evaluating calibration procedures; monitoring the adequacy of available standards and submitting requests for changes; instructing users all care and use of TMDE; and advising using units on level of calibration required based on current procedures and the user's requirements. This MOS is a Career Progression for MOS 2871. Preferred target for assignment to career progression training is at the 5-7 years time-in-service (TIS) mark.
(1) Must have an EL score of 115 or higher.
(2) Complete (Navy) Advanced Calibration Technician School (ACTS) and the Advanced Calibration Technician Course.
(3) Marines must have 24 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Advanced Calibration Technician Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
(4) Complete 1 year of high school algebra.
(5) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(6) Must have normal color vision.
(7) Must be a U.S. citizen.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.44C, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Instrument Mechanic 710.281-026.
(2) Calibrator 710.381-034.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Aviation PME Technician, 6492.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3