Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Sgt
Job Description: Electronics maintenance technicians are qualified to perform complex diagnosis, repairs, and modifications to ground data/communications equipment. These technicians supervise ground data/communications maintenance activities and instruct in the use and repair of ground data/communications equipment and systems. Typical duties include complex repairs and modifications to data/communication equipment, supervision of a maintenance section or shop, coordination of equipment evacuation for repair with other maintenance activities, requisitioning of parts, and monitoring maintenance reports. These technicians also provide technical assistance during the employment and installation of datal communication systems. This MOS is a career progression for MOSs 2844, 2846, and 2847. Preferred target for assignment to career progression training is at the 8-10 years time in service (TIS) mark. MOS 2891, Electronics Maintenance Chief, is assigned upon promotion to Master Sergeant.
(1) Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
(2) Complete the Advanced Electronics Course and the Electronics Maintenance Technician Course.
(3) Marines must have 24 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Electronics Maintenance Technician Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
(4) Complete 1 year of high school algebra.
(5) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(6) Must have normal color vision.
(7) Must be a U.S. citizen.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.44C, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Radio Mechanic 823.261-018.
(2) Maintenance Mechanic, Telephones.
(3) Electronics Mechanic 828.261-022.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3