Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: Gysgt to Sgt
Job Description: Satellite communications (SATCOM) technicians are formal school trained and qualified to test and repair satellite communications equipment. These terminals are used to establish high capacity communications with other military and civilian systems. Typical duties include adjusting audio or data levels, use of test equipment to identify and diagnose equipment faults to the component level and making repairs as required. Technicians are properly trained in corrective and preventative maintenance to the field level of repair. Technicians are also trained in employment and installation of the terminals to complement their working knowledge of hardware capabilities. Lateral input to MOS 2834 is primarily from other OccFld 28 MOSs. Marines in related electronics OccFlds 59, 63, and 64 will be considered on a case-by-case basis for a lateral move into MOS 2834. Nominees for lateral move will submit request via command CRS. Lateral move nominees may be required to complete a screening interview with a staff noncommissioned officer holding PMOS 2834 or 2891, as designated by the 2800 OccFld sponsor or 2800 monitor, to ensure nominee possesses the requisite understanding of intermediate electronics principles that are necessary to successfully complete the Ground Mobile Forces SATCOM Repair Course. MOS 2891, Electronics Maintenance Chief, is assigned upon promotion to Master Sergeant.
(1) Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
(2) Complete the Ground Mobile Forces SATCOM Repair Course at Ft. Gordon, GA.
(3) Marines must have 36 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Ground Mobile Forces SATCOM Repair Course.This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of TEMINS (DUINS) of TAD (DUINS) orders to the course.
(4) Complete 1 year of high school algebra.
(5) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(6) Must have normal color vision.
(7) Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.44C, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Radio Mechanic 823.261-018.
(2) Electrician, Radio 823.281-014.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) AN/TRC-170 Technician, 2831.
(2) Electronics Maintenance Technician, 2862.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3