Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
Job Description: The AN/TRC-170 technicians are qualified to install, test, and repair multichannel communications equipment used for high capacity, point-to-point communications. These technicians supervise multi-channel communications equipment maintenance activities and instruct in the use and repair of multi-channel equipment and systems. Typical duties include tuning and aligning systems, adjusting audio or data levels, using test equipment to make checks on circuit quality, and replacing faulty parts or components through fourth echelon. They are also trained in the employment and installation of the terminals to compll~ment their working knowledge of hardware capabilities. MOS 2891, Electronics Maintenance Chief is assigned upon promotion to Master Sergeant.
(1) Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic Electronics Course, Radio Fundamentals Course, and the Multi-channel Equipment Repair Course.
(3) Marines must have 36 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the multi-channel Equipment Repair Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
(4) Complete 1 year of high school algebra.
(5) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(6) Must have normal color vision.
(7) Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.44C, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Radio Mechanic 823.261-018.
(2) Electrician, Radio 823.281-014.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3