Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Sgt
Job Description: EOD technicians perform various duties that include locating, accessing, identifying, rendering safe, neutralizing, and disposing of hazards from foreign and domestic, conventional, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high yield explosives (CBRNE) unexploded explosive ordnance (UXO), improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and weapons of mass destruction (WMD that present a threat to operations, installations, personnel, or materiel.)
(1) Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher.
(2) Must meet all requirements for assignment to a critical position within the Nuclear Weapons Personnel Reliability Program; refer to SECNAVINST 5510.35.
(3) Must be fully screened per MCO 3571.2, using the current revision of the HQMC-approved EOD screening Checklist.
(4) Must have a first class Physical Fitness Test (PFT) (accomplished during EOD screening process).
(5) Be a volunteer in the grade of sergeant or corporal in any MOS. Sergeants must not be selected for Staff Sergeant in their current MOS.
(6) Must have normal color vision and no claustrophobic tendencies. (Bomb suit agility test will be administered during the EOD screening.)
(7) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(8) Must be qualified for an Explosive Driver's License as well as Emergency Vehicle Operator's License.
(9) Must be a graduate of the EOD Basic Course (CIN N56GPX).
(11) Must be qualified to handle Arms, Ammunition and Explosives (AA and E)
(12) In the performance of their duties, must be physically qualified for an Explosive Driver's License as well as Emergency Vehicles Operators License, as per NAVSEA SWO 20-AF-ABK-010.
(13) The following core competencies must be sustained:
(a) Advanced electronics.
(b) Advanced EOD Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP)
(c) Specialized Demolition.
(d) Post Blast Investigation.
(e) Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD).
(f) Improvised Explosive Devices (IED)
(h) UXO clearance.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.78, Individual Training standard.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Ordnance Artificer 632.261-018.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3