Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Machinists perform various duties incident to fabrication, repair or modification of engineer, motor transport, weapons, and accessories. Duties include selection of proper stock and set up of work on lathes, shapes, milling machines, internal and external grinders, drill presses, saws and cylinder, or line- boring machines. Machinists work from sketches, diagrams, blueprints, written specifications, or oral instructions. The control of quality and accuracy is met by the machinists' use of precision measuring devices to include micrometers, vernier gauges, and various other gauges and the subsequent adjustment of machine tool controls. Fabrication of metals is also followed by welding with all standard welding equipment. Maintenance of all shop equipment is performed to ensure that serviceability is sustained. Coordination with other repair shops, reporting of work completion, and the shop administrative functions are requirements to be effected by machinists.
(1) Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
(2) Complete the Machinist Course, U.S. Army Ordnance School, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
(3) Complete Ground Ordnance Intermediate Level Supervisors Course (CID A01GBC1) by Sergeant through Staff Sergeant with 24 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course. In the case of lateral move, must have served a minimum of one year in MOS 2161. Prerequisites for USMCR include serving in an active reserve billet in MOS 2161.
(4) Must have normal color vision.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.57, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Machine Set-Up Operator 600.380-018.
(2) Machinist 600.280-022.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3