Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt-Pvt
Job Description: The MBT repairer/technician performs basic automotive duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of the Marine Corps MBT, Tank Retriever (M88A2), and Armored Vehicle Launched Bridge (AVLB). The MBT repairer/technician also completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals. At the grades of Sergeant and above, the MBT repairer/technician trains, supervises, and performs various duties and tasks incident to the inspection, maintenance, and repair of the automotive and turret systems of the marine Corps MBT. The MBT repairer/technician also prepares, maintains, and supervises a shop maintenance and management program, and coordinates maintenance and recovery operations according to grade.
(1) Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
(2) Complete the M1A1 Tank System Mechanic Course.
(3) Possesses and demonstrates those leadership traits and principles applicable to grade.
(4) Complete the MBT Tank System Technician Course at the grade of Sergeant and have 24 months or more on active duty upon completion of the course.
(5) Marines completing "B" billets (i.e., drill instructor, recruiter, etc.) should re-attend the intermediate course prior to being reassigned to the MARFOR.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.57, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Mechanic, Endless Track Vehicle 620.381-014.
(2) Ordnance Artificer 632.261-018.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Engineer Equipment Mechanic, 1341.
(2) Towed Artillery Systems Technician, 2131.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3