Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
Job Description: The AAV repairer/technician, under supervision, performs basic automotive and hull duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of the AAV family of vehicles. The AAV repairer/technician also completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals. At the Gunnery Sergeant to Corporal level supervises, and performs various duties incident to the inspection, maintenance, and repair of the automotive and turret systems of the AAV. The AAV repairer/technician also prepares, maintains and supervises a shop maintenance and management program, and coordinates maintenance and recovery operations according to grade.
(1) Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
(2) Complete the Assault Amphibious Vehicle Repairer Basic Course.
(3) Must have a class III swimmer qualification.
(4) Complete the AAV Intermediate Assault Amphibian Repairman Course upon promotion to the grade of corporal and have a minimum of 24 months of obligated service remaining upon completion of the course.
(5) Marines completing "B" billets (i.e., drill instructor, recruiting duty etc.) should reattend the intermediate course prior to MARFOR assignment.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.57, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Mechanic, Endless Track Vehicle 620.381-014.
(2) Diesel Mechanic 625.281-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Engineer Equipment Mechanic, 1341.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3