Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Small arms repairer/technician in the grade of Private through Lance Corporal, under supervision, performs basic duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of all small arms, less vehicular mounted weapons. The small arms repairer/technician also completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals. At the Corporal through Gunnery Sergeant level the small arms repairer/technician performs, trains, and supervises various duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of all small arms, to include vehicular mounted small arms. The small arms repairer/technician also prepares, maintains, and supervises a shop maintenance and management program and coordinates maintenance and repair of small arms according to grade.
(1) Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
(2) Complete Ground Ordnance Intermediate Level Supervisors Course (CID AOIGBC1) by Sergeant through Staff Sergeant with 24 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course. In the case of lateral move, must have served a minimum of one year in MOS 2111. Prerequisites for USMCR include serving in an active reserve billet in MOS 2111.
(3) Must have a National Agency Check, Local Agency Check, and Credit Check (NACLC) resident within the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
(4) Must pass the Command Arms Ammunition, and Explosive (AA and E) screening.
(5) No conviction by court-martial, civilian court or nonjudicialjudgement of any act involving larceny, theft, or drugs.
(6) Complete the Small Arms Repair Course.
(7) Must be a U.S. citizen.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.57, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3