Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: SSgt-Pvt
Job Description: Water support technicians install, operate, inspect, and perform preventive and corrective maintenance on pumps, water filtration/purification equipment, water storage/distribution systems, and laundry and shower facilities. They conduct and evaluate water surveys, water reconnaissance, and water quality analysis as well as establish, maintain, and close sanitation systems. When on Military Operations Other Than War (MOOTW) these technicians also plan, install, and repair the plumbing systems of structures. These duties include cutting, bending, and threading pipes; joining pipes using screws, bolts, fittings, solder, and plastic solvent; cleaning tanks and filter beds usinc backwashing; testing water to determine acidity, impurities, turbidity, and conductivity; and regulating the flow of raw water for treatment while mixing it with specified amounts of chemicals (i.e. alum, coagulate, chlorine, ammonia, and lime) in the filtration/purification process. Noncommissioned officers are afforded the cpportunity to attend the Advanced Water Support Technician course that provides in-depth instruction on the requirements of the uniform Plumbing Code and the planning of water support. An apprenticeship program, leading to U.S. Department of Labor certification as a Journey Worker, is available to water support technicians under the United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP).
(1) Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic Water Support Technician Course Corps Engineer School, Camp LeJeune, NC.
(3) Must have normal color vision.
(4) Must meet the physical requirements in Chapter 4 of TM 11275-15/4.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.96A, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Plumber 862.381-030.
(2) Laundry Worker 11 361.685-018.
(3) Laundry Operator 369.684-014.
(4) Laundry Machine Mechanic 629.261-010.
(5) Pump Servicer 630.281-018.
(6) Treatment Plant Mechanic 630.281-038.
(7) Pump Installer 630.684-018.
(8) Pump Station Operator, Waterworks 954.382-014.
(9) Water Treatment Plant Operator 954.382-014.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3