Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Sgt
Job Description: Information assurance technicians are responsible for all aspects of ensuring Marine Corps information systems data availability, integrity authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. Information assurance technicians implement and monitor security measures for USMC communication information systems networks, and advise the commander that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and governmental requirements for security on these systems. Duties include assisting in the development and execution of security policies, plans, and procedures; design and implementation of data network security measures; network intrusion detections and forensics; information system security incident handling; and certification of Marine Corps systems and networks. Entry level input to this MOS will be in the grade of sergeant through staff sergeant only with a PMOS of 0651, 0656, or 0659 on second or subsequent enlistment.
(1) Must possess MOS 0651, 0656 or 0659.
(2) Must have attained the rank of sergeant or above.
(3) Complete the Information Assurance Technician Course, MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
(4) Active duty must have 2 years of active duty remaining upon graduation from training.
(5) Must be a U.S. Citizen.
(6) Must possess a secret security clearance and be eligible for a top- secret security clearance.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.106, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Computer Security Coordinator 033.162-01C.
(2) Computer Security Specialist 033.362-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Information Security Technician, 0681.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3