Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt: to SSgt
Job Description: Information security technicians serve as the primary functional proponent for cryptographic key management infrastructure. These Marines provide day-to-day operation of the Electronic Key Management System (EKMS), as well as other duty areas related to Information Security (INFOSEC), such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and FORTEZZA Card management. Entry-level input to this MOS may be from any MOS at the grades of staff sergeant or gunnery sergeant. This MOS will be awarded by the CMC (C4) to Marines approved for lateral move and on completion of one of the listed approved courses in subparagraph b(3) below.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Must have attained the rank of staff sergeant or above.
(3) Complete one of the following courses of instruction, or others approved per MS-21A:
(a) I MEF EKMS Management Course, Camp Pendleton, CA.
(b) II MEF EKMS Management Course, Camp Lejeune, NC.
(c) III MEF EKMS Management Course, Camp Courtney, Okinawa, Japan.
(4) Active duty Marines must have 2 years of active duty remaining upon completion of training.
(5) Must be a U.S. Citizen.
(6) Must be eligible for a top-secret security clearance.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.106, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Information Assurance Technician, 0689.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3