Type of MOS : NMOS
Rank Range: Sgt to Cpl
Job Description: The CAW operator operates the Certificate of Authority Workstation (CAW) and performs all the certificate management functions necessary to create, distribute, and manage the X.509 Certificates on organizational and individual FORTEZZA Cards. This MOS will be voided only by authority of the CMC (MM or C4). This MOS is awarded to Marines holding PMOS 0651.
(1) Must possess MOS 0651.
(2) Must possess a secret security clearance and be eligible for a higher clearance level when required by billet assignment.
(3) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(4) Complete one of the following courses of instruction, or other approved course:
(a) I MEF CAW Administrators Course, Camp Pendleton, CA.
(b) II MEF CAW Administrators Course, Camp Lejeune, NC.
(c) III MEF CAW Administrators Course, Camp Courtney, Okinawa, Japan.
(1) Generate, publish, and manage the X.509 Certificates on FORTEZZA Cards.
(2) Create and post the Certificate Renovation List (CRL).
(3) Securely distribute the user FORTEZZA Cards and PIN letters.
(4) Access the X.509 Directory for, and distribute the Compromised Key List (CKL)
(5) Maintain and inventory programmed and un-programmed FORTEZZA Cards.
(6) Perform network configuration changes.
(7) Recover from catastrophic system loss.
(8) Assign security privileges and access controls of the CAW personnel.
(9) Advise CA in accordance with DoD and NSA policies.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Computer Peripheral Equipment operator 213.382-010.
(2) Computer Operator 213.362-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Data Network Specialist, 0651.
(2) Information Security Technician, 0681.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3