Type of MOS : FMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Cpl
Job Description: Civil affairs noncommissioned officers perform various duties incident to the planning, coordinating, and conducting civil-military operations. They support the operation of civil affairs planning and coordination centers. They perform civil-military assessments of the operational area and coordinate with a wide variety of civilian populations, organizations, and agencies. This MOS will be assigned as a FMOS only.
(1) A minimum of 6 months OJT and experience with a civil affairs group is preferred but is not mandatory.
(2) Must be trained in message preparation, handling, and processing.
(3) Must be trained in voice radio and message center procedures.
(4) Must be trained in basic administrative procedures.
(5) Must be recommended by the commanding officer.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.123, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
No civilian equivalent.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3