Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Airborne and air delivery specialists are responsible for the maintenance of all life safety equipment relating to Airborne/Airdrop operations. In addition, they will assist in preparing the supplies and equipment necessary to deliver personnel and equipment via parachute and conduct subsequent equipment recovery and throughput operations. They are responsible for performing parachute repack as well as conducting preventive and corrective maintenance on all airdrop equipment, and will assist in evaluating proposed Landing Zone/Drop Zones in order to support the planning and execution of effective personnel, supplies, and equipment clearance during airborne, airdrop and equipment recovery operations. They will also perform various supervisory duties in support of airborne and airdrop missions to include, but not limited to, mission planning, Jumpmaster (military freefall and static line), Drop Zone Safety and Malfunctions Officers.
(1) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(2) Must be a volunteer.
(3) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(4) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(5) Must pass the U.S. Army Physical Fitness Test and have current CWS2 swim qualification.
(6) Complete Airborne Course, U.S. Army Infantry School, Ft. Benning, GA, upon entry or lateral move at the rank of corporal or below.
(7) Complete Parachute Riggers Course, U.S. Army Quartermaster School, Ft Lee, VA, upon entry or lateral move at the rank of corporal or below.
(8) Except for temporary limitations imposed by medical authority, when a Marine is no longer authorized to perform all duties required of an Airborne and F Delivery Specialist, commanders will forward a request for revocation of 0451 Primary MOS to HQMC I and L Dept (LPC-1) for approval.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.61, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
No civilian equivalent.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3