Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: SSgt to Pvt
Job Description: The logistics/embarkation specialist prepares supplies and equipment for embarkation and performs various Force Deployment Planning and Execution (FDP and E) functions to support the movement of personnel, supplies, and equipment via all modes of transportation using commercial and military assets, at all levels including unit, MAGTF, and joint operations. They are trained in the application of Automated Information Systems (AIS) that are utilized throughout the Defense Transportation system (DTS) to account, track, and interface movement data with load planning programs and joint AIS to support the FDP and E process and In Transit visibility (ITV) The logistics/embarkation specialist is trained to prepare aircraft and ship load plans that meet organizational requirements. They assist with the preparation, planning, and execution of strategic mobility plans in accordance with the Time Phased Force Deployment Data (TPFDD) used to deploy and sustain forward deployed forces. The logistics/embarkation specialist also performs multiple logistics administrative duties within the J/G/S-4 section. They compile and maintain logistics support data, compute combat logistics support requirements, and coordinate combat logistics functions in support of MAGTF operations and deployments. At the SNCO level, they will also serve as Combat Cargo Assistants (CCAs) onboard naval amphibious assault ships. MOS 0491, Logistics/Mobility Chief is assigned as the primary MOS upon promotion to Gunnery Sergeant.
(1) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(2) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(3) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(4) Complete the Basic Logistics/Embarkation Specialist Course, Logistics Operations School, Marine Corps Combat Service Support Schools, Camp Johnson/Camp Lejeune, NC, upon entry or lateral move at the rank of Sergeant or below.
(5) Sergeants making a lateral move must also complete the Logistics/Embarkation NCO Course, Logistics Operations School, Marine Corps Combat Service Support School, Camp Johnson/Camp Lejeune, NC,
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510 61, Individual Training Standards or the Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Shipping and Receiving Clerk 222.387-050.
(2) Cargo Checker 222.367-010.
(3) Stevedore ( 1) 911.663-014.
(4) Stevedore (2) 922.687-090.
(5) Administrative Clerk 219.362-010.
(6) Clerk, General 209.562-010.
(7) Office Clerk 209.567-022.
(8) Manager, Traffic 184.167-094.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Traffic Management Specialist, 3112.
(2) Administrative, Clerk 0151.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3