Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: The reconnaissance man is responsible for providing the amphibious, long range, small unit, ground reconnaissance and raid skills to support the MAGTF. He is the nucleus of a reconnaissance team in the reconnaissance battalion or the reconnaissance or assault team in the Marine Special Operations Company (MSOC's) In addition to basic infantry skills, he is responsible for highly refined scouting and patrolling skills. He must possess advanced proficiency in scout swimming, small boat operations, close combat skills, airborne, surface and sub-surface insertion and extraction techniques, assault climbing, demolitions, forward observer procedures for supporting arms, initial terminal guidance operations for heliborne assaults, airborne insertion operations, and various waterborne operations. He specializes in communications, photography, threat weapons and equipment recognition, and various types of point, area, and related necessary overlap of ground amphibious reconnaissance operations. Marines assigned to assault teams possess advanced skills in assault weaponry, breaching demolitions, close quarter battle skills and raid techniques. Selected reconnaissance men are further trained as static line and free-fall parachutists and combatant divers. - Noncommissioned officers are assigned as reconnaissance and assault team leaders or their assistants and may be qualified as static line and free-fall jumpmasters, dive supervisors, helicopter insertion/extraction masters (HRST), and tandem offset resupply delivery system (TORDS) operators.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher.
(2) Must possess a first class swimmer qualification.
(3) Must obtain a first class score on the PFT.
(4) All Marines, to include non-infantry desiring lateral move, must successfully complete the Marine Rifleman Course of instruction prior to attending the Basic Reconnaissance Course.
(5) Assigned as a primary MOS to MGySgt and below 03XX Marines by CMC (MM) and Reconnaissance OccFld Manager (PP and O Code POG), and approved lateral-move Marines from any other MOS, who graduate from the Basic Reconnaissance Course (BRC).
(6) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(7) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(8) Must be medically qualified to perform jump and combatant dive qualifications IAW inter-service requirements established in the P117 Navy Manual of Medicine and Army AR 40-501. Marines assigned 0321 PMOS who become medically unqualified may be directed to Lateral move or be reassigned based on the Commanding Officer, MMEA and HQM recommendations IAW MCO P1000.6.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.87, Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Rifleman, 0311.
(2) LAV Crewman, 0313.
(3) Machine Gunner, 0331.
(4) Motarman, 0341.
(5) Infantry Assaultman, 0351.
(6) Antitank Missileman, 0352.
(7) Infantry Unit Leader, 0369.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3