Type of MOS : NMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to LCp1
Job Description: The scout sniper is a marine skilled in field craft and marksmanship who delivers long range, precision fire on selected targets from concealed positions in support of combat operations. They have a secondary mission of gathering information for intelligence purposes. They participate in activities designed to deny the enemy freedom of movement by targeting enemy leaders, crew- served weapons operators, radiomen, observers, messengers, and other key personnel with precision fire. Scout snipers engage vital material targets such as command and control equipment, light armored vehicles, air defense radar, and missile launchers that require precision rifle fire to neutralize. Scout snipers also conduct close reconnaissance and surveillance operations for the infantry battalion in support of the intelligence section.
(1) Must have a minimum GT Score of 100 or higher.
(2) Must be currently qualified as an expert rifleman.
(3) Possess all the essential qualifications and capabilities of an infantry Marine.
(4) Must have vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes. Color blindness is discouraged.
(5) Must have a current First Class PFT.
(6) Have no history of mental illness.
(7) Must be eligible to receive a secret security classification.
(8) Successful completion of an approved Scout Sniper Basic Course at Quantico, or at the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Marine Division.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.87, Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
No civilian equivalent.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Rifleman, 0311.
(2) Reconnaissance Marine, 0321.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3