Type of MOS : NMOS
Rank Range: SSgt to PFC
Job Description: The combat rubber reconnaissance craft (CRRC) coxswain is responsible for the safety and conduct of his boat team and the safe operation, handling, launch, recovery and maintenance of Combat Rubber Reconnaissance Craft (CRRC) and its associated equipment, components and SL-3 items.
(1) Qualified as combat water survival, second class (CWS-2) or higher required.
(2) Completion of the Combat Rubber Reconnaissance Craft Coxswain Skills Course at Expeditionary Warfare Training Group, Pacific (EWTGPAC), 2d Special Operations Training Group (SOTG) or 3d SOTG Combat Rubber Reconnaissance Craft Coxswain Skills Course, Marine Special Operations School, or attend and graduate from the Basic Reconnaissance Course (BRC) at EWTGPAC/LANT with an additional 6-months of Managed-On-the Job Training (MOJT) at U.S. Marine Special Operations Command, Marine Special Operations Battalion (USMARSOC), and USMC Force Reconnaissance Company/Reconnaissance Battalion.
(3) Must have normal color vision and visual acuity.
(4) MOS assigned as a NMOS after attending the formal school at EWTGPAC, 2d Special Operations Training Group (SOTG), or 3d SOTG Combat Rubber Reconnaissance Craft Coxswain Skills Course or by Recon Commanders after the Marine attends BRC and completes 6-months of MOJT on coxswain skills ITSs.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.87, Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
No civilian equivalent.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Rigid Raiding Craft (RRC) Coxswain, 0314.
(2) Reconnaissance Man, 0321.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3