Type of MOS : FMOS
Rank Range: SSgt to PFC
Job Description: The rigid raiding craft/rigid hull inflatable boat (RHIB) coxswain is responsible for the safety and conduct of this boat team and embarked Marines, and the safe operation, launch, recovery, maintenance of the craft and its associated SL-3 equipment, and components.
(1) Qualified as Combat Water Survival, Second Class (CWS-2).
(2) Complete the Rigid Raiding Craft Coxswain Skills Course at 2d Special Operations Training Group (SOTG), II MEF, or participate in a six month MOJT conducted by the Small Craft Company, 2d Marine Division.
(3) Must have normal color vision and visual acuity.
(4) MOS Assigned as a FMOS after attending an approved Rigid Raiding Craft Coxswain Skills Course, or by the Commanding Officer, Headquarters Battalion, 2d Marine Division after 6 months of MOJT in the Small Craft Company 2d Marine Division.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.87, Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
No civilian equivalent.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Combat Rubber Reconnaissance Craft (CRRC) Coxswain, 0316.
(2) Reconnaissance Man, 0321.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3