Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: The LAV crewman provides driving and 1" echelon maintenance skills for all mission role vehicles organic to the LAR battalion. The LAV crewman also provides gunnery and weapons skills for the employment. of the 25mm chain gun, the coaxial and pintle-mounted 7.62mm machineguns and thermal optics on the LAV-25 variant. LAV crewmen are knowledgeable in security and reconnaissance missions in support of the MAGTF. Noncommissioned officers are assigned as vehicle commanders and LAV-25 gunners.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 90 or higher.
(2) Must be qualified as basic infantryman and having completed training at either Schools of Infantry, at the Infantry Training Battalion (ITB) as a 0311. Marines seeking an MOS lateral move (LAT Move) to the 0313 MOS are still required to complete ITB training if they have not been previously qualified in an infantry MOS 0311, 0331, 0341, 0351, or 0352.
(3) Complete the LAV Crewman Course for assignment as a primary MOS.
(4) Must be qualified as a 4th class swimmer.
(5) Vision of 20/200 must be correctable to 20/20.
(6) Must possess the psychological and physiological qualifications required for licensing as a Government motor vehicle operator; see MCO 11240.66 and TM 11240- 15/3.
(7) Must have a past driving record appropriate for issue of SF-46 (Military driver's license) as evidenced by a search of the National Driver Register.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.87, Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Armor Reconnaissance Specialist 378.363-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
M1A1 Tank Crewman, 1812.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3