Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MSgt to Pvt
Job Description: Intelligence specialists are familiar with all phases and facets of intelligence operations. Typical duties of intelligence specialists involve the collection, recording, analysis, processing, and dissemination of information/ intelligence. The intelligence specialist, depending on his/her rank, may supervise intelligence sections of commands up to and including MEF. Intelligence specialist who have a Defense Language Aptitude Battery of 100 may be eligible to attend language training at the Defense language Institute at Monterey, CA. This MOS will be assigned and voided only by the CMC (MM).
(1) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Complete the MAGTF Intelligence Specialist: Entry Course, Navy Marine Corps Intelligence Training Center (NMITC), Dam Neck, VA.
(3) Selected Marine Corps Reservists without previous active duty intelligence experience who successfully complete Phases I and II of the MAGTF Intelligence Specialist Reserve Course, NMITC, Dam Neck, VA, will be awarded MOS 0231 as an additional MOS only. SMCR Marines holding additional MOS 0231 may receive primary MOS 0231 after serving 3 years in the billet MOS unless sooner waived by CMC (DirInt).
(4) Must be eligible for a top-secret security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information based on a completed Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Applications for the SSBI must be submitted prior to attendance of the Intelligence Specialist Course at NMITC, Dam Neck, VA.
(5) Must have 24 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the MOS producing school.
(6) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(7) All Marines requesting a lateral move into the MOS 0231, USMC AND USMCR, must have a screening interview conducted by a 0231 GySgt or above. Interview waivers can be granted only by the OccFld 02 manager or CMC (MM)
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 3500.32, Intelligence Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Intelligence Specialist 059.267-010.
(2) Intelligence Clerk 249.387-014.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Imagery Interpretation Specialist, 0241.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3