Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: SSgt to Pvt
Job Description: Using knowledge of electrical theory and concepts, Electricians install, operate, maintain, and repair underground, above ground, and overhead electrical power distribution systems. Additionally, electricians operate and perform organizational level maintenance on electrical power generation equipment, load banks, and floodlight sets. When on Military Operations Other Than War (MOOTW) they install and repair interior wiring in buildings. These duties include installing hardware, including cross-arms, insulators, and lightning arresters, and assembling/erecting and climbing utility poles/towers; stringing wire conductors; measuring, cutting, bending, assembling, and installing electric conduit; installing control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit breakers; testing circuits for continuity, compatibility, and safety, including ground, of components, using test instruments such as multi-meters and ohmmeters; and installing and repairing electric fixtures. Noncommissioned officers are afforded the opportunity to attend the Advanced Electrician Course that provides in-depth instruction on the requirements of the National Electric Code and the planning of electrical support to include determining demand, phase balancing, and voltage drops. An apprenticeship program, leading to U.S. Department of Labor certification as a Journey Worker, is available to electricians under the United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP).
(1) Must possess an EL score of 90 or higher.
(2) Must not suffer from acrophobia (fear of heights).
(3) Complete the Basic Electrician Course (M0.311B2), Marine Corps Engineer School, Camp Lejeune, NC.
(4) Must have normal color vision.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.96A Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Electrician 824.261-010.
(2) Line Maintainer 821.261-014.
(3) Trouble Shooter II (Utilities) 821.261-026
(4) Cable Installer -Repairer 821.361-010
(5) Line Erector 821.361-018.
(6) Line Repairer 821.361-026.
(7) Electric-Distribution Checker 824.281-014.
(8) Cable Splicer 829.361-010.
(9) Diesel-Plant Operator (Utilities) 952.382-010.
(10) Electric Power Line Examiner 959.367-01C.
(11) Pole Framer 959.684-010.
(12) Lighting Equipment Operator 962.381-014.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Field Wireman, 0612.
(2) Construction Wireman, 0613.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3