- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative college grade point average (If you've earned at least 24 semester hours (or 36 quarter hours) in GRADED college credit). If you have not earned 24+ semester hours in graded college work, you must have earned an ACT composite score of 24 or higher or an SAT1 combined Verbal and Math score of 1100 or more.
- Be admitted to a school offering Air Force ROTC (including cross-town schools) and the academic major you desire to study.
- Earn Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT) scores of 15 or more on the Verbal scale and 10 or more on the Quantitative scale. NOTE: AFOQT scores may be waiverable for those who have taken the test twice and failed both times. Note that waivers are not guaranteed.
- Pass the Air Force ROTC Physical Fitness Test.
- Meet all the requirements for commissioning (physical, moral, fitness, etc.) listed in AFI 36-2013, chapter 1, and AFI 36-2005.
- Must not be selected for reassignment prior to submission of the application.
- Meet the requirement for overseas retainability. For individuals at an OCONUS location, IAW AFI 36-2013, Table 1.2, rule 10, the applicant may not apply if the applicant does not apply before the 25th day of the 8th month before the date eligible for return from overseas month....translated: applicants must have approximately 8 months left on station by the package due date. The MPF can help the applicant determine what the new DEROS will need to be to be eligible to apply. If the applicant does not, they must request an extension through their normal base channels. If the applicant does not have enough time remaining on their assignment, they will be ineligible to apply for a commissioning program.
Much of the above information courtesy of United States Air Force