1. Careers
Send to a Friend via Email
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Discuss in my forum

Reserve Componant Housing Allowance


Updated January 15, 2011

Members of the National Guard and Reserves who are on active duty for 30 or more calendar days, and who are authorized to live off base, receive the full Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), just like active duty members. However, Guard and Reserve members who are on active duty for less than 30 days (for example, the two weeks of annual drill), receive a different type of Housing Allowance, known as "BAS RC/Transient, that pays less, on average than active duty BAH.


Warrant Officers

Enlisted Members

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.