Sample Letter of Reprimand
MEMO FOR: Airman Mike Rowmanger, FR987-65-4321
Subject: Letter of Reprimand
1. Investigation has shown that you did, on or about 18 December 1999, fail to go at the time prescribed to your appointed place of duty, to wit: Building 334, 36th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea, in violation of Article 87 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). This offense is so serious, that had I elected to punish you under the provisions of Article 15 of the UCMJ, you could have received a reduction in rank, forfeiture of 1/2 of your base pay for two months, and 60 days restriction with 45 days extra duty.
2. You are hereby reprimanded. Your actions have brought discredit upon yourself and require me to seriously question your judgment and sense of responsibility. This is not the first time you have failed to arrive to work on time. Your supervisor has counseled you on several occasions concerning your apparent disregard for the normal duty hours.
3. I will not tolerate this type of behavior from a member of my command. Be advised, should I be made aware of any future information concerning this type of behavior, I will take swift action, possibly resulting in your punishment under the provisions of the UCMJ or your involuntary separation from the United States Air Force.
4. Examine your career objectives and determine which course you will follow. It's up to you.
5. You will acknowledge receipt of this reprimand below. If you wish, you may attach a written statement or additional documents to this reprimand which will be attached to this document in file. If you choose to do so, such attachments must reach my office by __________________.
John D. Doe, Colonel, USAF
Commander, 36 Tactical Fighter Squadron