|Military Pay and Allowances|
|Submarine Duty Pay - Warrant Officers|
Military personnel (mostly Navy) who perform operational submarine duty.
The term “operational submarine duty” means duty:
1. While attached under competent orders to a submarine;
2. While serving as an operator or crew member of an operational submersible (including an underseas exploration or research vehicle);
3. While undergoing training preliminary to assignment to a nuclearpowered submarine;
4. While undergoing rehabilitation after assignment to a nuclear-powered submarine; or
5. In the case of a member qualified in submarines, while attached as a member of a submarine operational command staff, whose duties require serving on a submarine during underway operations as follows.
6. While receiving instruction to prepare for assignment to a submarine of advanced design; or
7. While receiving instruction to prepare for a position of increased responsibility on a submarine.
Monthly pay is as follows, for grade and years of service.