|Punitive Articles of the UCMJ|
|Article 134 - (Perjury: subornation of)|
See Paragraph 60.
(1) That the accused induced and procured a certain person to take an oath or its equivalent and to falsely testify, depose, or state upon such oath or its equivalent concerning a certain matter;
(2) That the oath or its equivalent was administered to said person in a matter in which an oath or its equivalent was required or authorized by law;
(3) That the oath or its equivalent was administered by a person having authority to do so;
(4) That upon the oath or its equivalent said person willfully made or subscribed a certain statement;
(5) That the statement was material;
(6) That the statement was false;
(7) That the accused and the said person did not then believe that the statement was true; and
(8) That, under the circumstances, the conduct of the accused was to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces or was of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces.
Explanation. See paragraph 57c for applicable principles. “Induce and procure” means to influence, persuade, or cause.
Lesser included offenses. Article 80—attempts
Maximum punishment. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.
Above Information from Manual for Court Martial, 2002, Chapter 4, Paragraph 98