|Punitive Articles of the UCMJ|
|Article 134 - (Gambling with subordinate)|
See Paragraph 60.
(1) That the accused gambled with a certain servicemember;
(2) That the accused was then a noncommissioned or petty officer;
(3) That the servicemember was not then a non-commissioned or petty officer and was subordinate to the accused;
(4) That the accused knew that the servicemember was not then a noncommissioned or petty officer and was subordinate to the accused; and
(5) That, under the circumstances, the conduct of the accused was to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces or was of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces.
Explanation.This offense can only be committed by a noncommissioned or petty officer gambling with an enlisted person of less than noncommissioned or petty officer rank. Gambling by an officer with an enlisted person may be a violation of Article 133. See also paragraph 83.
Lesser included offenses. Article 80—attempts
Maximum punishment.Confinement for 3 months and forfeiture of two-thirds pay per month for 3 months.
Next Article > Article 134 - (Homicide, negligent) >
Above Information from Manual for Court Martial, 2002, Chapter 4, Paragraph 84