United States Marine Corps (USMC)
Officer Job Descriptions
MOS 9630, Industrial Engineer
a. Summary. Industrial engineers manage or participate in studies, analyses, and programs dealing with production management techniques and management information in an industrial environment.
(1) Complete the Air Force Institute of Technology course of study in Engineering Management or completion of an equivalent program at any Engineering Council for Professional Development accredited institution.
(2) Unrestricted officers with primary MOS 1302 and undergraduate degree in engineering are preferred, however, eligible officers with other primary MOSs may apply.
(1) Manages or participates in studies and analyses of material requirements, cost effectiveness, quality control, and other production management techniques in an industrial environment.
(2) Supervises the operation, maintenance, and repair of Marine Corps tactical and administrative equipment; and is capable of performing operations analysis, system and procedures analysis, and providing technical assistance.
(3) Performs technical liaison between military organizations and activities engaged in the areas of long, range planning, operations analysis, research and evaluation, budget management, and performance analysis.
(4) Monitors the installation and operation of data collection systems dealing with equipment maintenance production.
(5) Analyzes job lot processing, cost effectiveness, probability studies, and productive scheduling.
d. Related DOT Classification/DOT Code. Industrial Engineer 012.167-030.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part 1. Current as of Nov 00