United States Marine Corps (USMC)
Officer Job Descriptions
MOS 9624, Electronics Engineer
a. Summary. Electronics engineers supervise and coordinate design, development, testing, procurement, modification, improvement, and repair of electronics equipment.
(1) Complete the Electronic Systems Engineering Curriculum number 590 at Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, or equivalent postgraduate degree program at an accredited university.
(2) Subjects covered in the core courses of either institution should include linear algebra, differential equations, complex variables, numerical methods, applied probability, vector analysis, modern physics, circuit theory, communication theory, control theory, electronics engineering, linear and communications integrated circuits, computer programming, digital logic circuits and microprocessors, and electromagnetic wave theory.
(3) The graduate core of courses should include courses in the subject areas of digital signal processing, analysis of random signals, radiation, scattering and propagation, and microprocessing based system design.
(4) A cohesive sequence in one of the following areas is allowed to complete degree requirements: guidance, navigation and control systems; radar, electro-optics and electronic warfare systems; and computer systems.
(1) Supervises and coordinates research, design, development, and testing of electronics equipment, including radar, data systems, electronic warfare devices, and certain electronic components of missile weapons systems.
(2) Plans and supervises execution of development programs pertaining to electronics equipment and systems.
(3) Collects, evaluates, and prepares reports on foreign and domestic equipment.
(4) Coordinates activities of development and procurement agencies with those responsible for supply and maintenance.
(5) Prepares procurement plans and programs for electronics equipment.
(6) Tests new or experimental equipment.
(7) Designs modifications and improvements to electronics equipment.
(8) Designs maintenance and repair equipment and recommends repair procedures.
(9) Establishes and maintains liaison with other components of the Armed Forces to exchange pertinent data.
d. Related DOT Classification/DOT Code
(1) Electronics Engineer 003.061-030.
(2) Electronics-Test Engineer 003.061-042.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part 1. Current as of Nov 00