United States Marine Corps (USMC)
Officer Job Descriptions
MOS 9622, Chemical Engineer
a. Summary. Chemical engineers teach a first year course in chemistry consisting of the following topics: stoichiometry, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics electrochemistry, arid-base chemistry, metallurgy, inorganic chemistry, and organic chemistry.
(1) Graduate degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering from any accredited institution is required.
(2) Subjects covered should include analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and physical chemistry.
(1) Teaches two or three sections of 15 to 20 students per section, meeting 3 hours per week in a classroom and 2 hours per week in a laboratory.
(2) Prepares lesson assignments, lessons, lectures, and examinations.
(3) Assist or may assist in developing new courses, to include textbook selection, lesson plan preparation, and laboratory experiment evaluation.
(4) Teaches or may be asked to teach an intermediate level course in an area of competence.
d. Related DOT Classification/DOT Code
(1) Chemist 022.061-010.
(2) Faculty Member, College or university 090.227-010.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part 1. Current as of Nov 00