|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 9972, Aircrew Trainee|
Note: The Marine Corps does not currently use Special Identifier MOS's (Field 98 through 99) for enlisted Marines. They were eleminated in 2006 and 2007. The below Special Identifier MOS information is maintained here for historic purposes, only. For a list of current Marine Corps enlisted MOS's in use, see our Marine Corps Enlisted Job Information Pages.
Summary. Aircrew trainees, under instruction or close supervision, train for one of the aircrew MOSs.
(1) Complete an appropriate Enlisted Aviation Maintenance Training "A" School.
(2) Qualified in MOSs 6XXX and 73XX.
(3) Volunteer for aircrew training.
(4) Meet the requirements of OPNAVINST 3710.7 and the USN Manual of the Medical Department.
(5) Complete all requirements contained in appropriate NATOPS manual or syllabi peculiar to the aircraft.
Duties. GySgt to Pvt: Performs routine aircrew duties under instruction and/or close supervision.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code. No civilian equivalent.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.