|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 9051, Graves Registration Specialist|
Summary. Graves registration specialists perform duties incident to the handling of deceased personnel in both joint and single service theaters of operations. This MOS will be assigned as a skill designator MOS only.
Requirements/Prerequisites. Complete the formal courses of instruction at the U.S. Army Mortuary Affairs Center, Ft Lee, VA.
(1) Organizes teams for conducting tactical search and recovery operations of deceased military personnel.
(2) Conducts search and recovery operations of deceased military personnel in both hostile and benign environments.
(3) Recovers personal effects and records personal information using appropriate manuals and SOPs.
(4) Conducts temporary internment/disinternment deceased personnel to include NBC contaminated remains.
(5) Conducts temporary burials (in emergency cases only), marking grave sites and recording burial locations using map overlays.
(6) Coordinates administrative actions with the appropriate unit personnel section.
(7) Coordinates search and recovery actions with the appropriate unit operations section.
(8) Coordinates multiple recovery team activities and logistics support thereof.
(9) Coordinates activities within MAGTF and/or within joint operations.
(10) Conducts OJT for unit personnel (not MOS 9051 qualified) tasked with search and recovery operations.
(11) Requisitions and maintains appropriate search and recovery team T/E items.
(12) Establishes and operates casualty collection points.
(13) Coordinate the transfer of remains and personnel effects of deceased U.S. service members, allied and enemy personnel operating in area of operations.
(14) Supervise theater evacuation point operations.
(15) Determine the theater effects depot requirements.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code. Graves Registration Specialist 355.687-014.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.