|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 8441, Civil Affairs Noncommissioned Officer|
Summary. Civil affairs noncommissioned officers perform various duties incident to the planning, conduct, and supervision of civil affairs operations; supervises distribution and use of civil affairs resources; and supervise or man command post watches.
(1) A minimum of 6 months OJT and experience with a civil affairs group is preferred but is not mandatory.
(2) Must be trained in message preparation, handling, and processing.
(3) Must be trained in voice radio and message center procedures.
(4) Must be trained in basic administrative procedures.
(5) Must be recommended by commanding officer.
(1) GySgt to Cpl:
(a) Participates in civil affairs operations on the operating unit level.
(b) Participates in civil affairs operations of subordinate, attached, and supported units.
(c) Maintains civil affairs journals, logs, files, and situation maps.
(d) keeps records, administers a civil affairs unit, or staff element.
(2) GySgt and SSgt:
(a) Supervises civil affairs operations on the operating unit level.
(b) Supervises civil affairs operations of subordinate, attached, and supported units.
(c) Supervises or participates in command post watches.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code. No civilian equivalent.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.