|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 6232, Fixed-Wing Aircraft Flight Mechanic, KC-130|
Summary. Fixed-Wing aircraft flight mechanics, KC-130, are mission essential aircrew who perform duties incident to the operation and maintenance of the KC-130 aircraft. They perform routine duties incident to the following: turnaround inspections (preflight/postflight), servicing, engine start, taxi, run-up, takeoff, cruise, descent, landing, securing, normal, and emergency procedures. Maintenance training emphasizes familiarization on the following aircraft subsystems. T-56 engine, propeller, electrical, bleed air/anti-ice, fuel, hydraulic, and comm/nav. Operational training will familiarize the flight mechanic with aerial refueling, loading, and low level operations.
(1) Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
(2) Must have normal color perception.
(3) Volunteer for duties involving flight as an aircraft crew member.
(4) Must be a 2d class swimmer or higher.
(5) Eligible for secret security clearance.
(6) Must be a U.S. citizen
(7) Thirty months obligated services.
(8) Meet the requirements of OPAVINST 3710.7 and the USN Manual of the Medical Department with normal depth perception.
(9) Complete the Naval Aviation Enlisted Aircrew Training School at NATTC, WAS Pensacola, FL.
(10) Complete Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape (SERE) School.
(11) Complete the appropriate formal "A" school at NATTC, NAS Pensacola, FL.
(12) Must complete the Plane Captain (PC) syllabus for type aircraft.
(13) Complete the appropriate formal "C" school at VMGRT-253 FREST, MCAS Cherry Point, NC.
(14) Complete the appropriate formal "C" school at VMGRT-253 FRS (Flight Training), MCAS Cherry Point, NC.
Duties. For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO P3500.14 and MCO P3500.15, Aviation Training and Readiness (T&R) Manual, and MCO P4790.12B, Maintenance Training Management and Evaluation Program (MATMEP) for MOS 6232/6242.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code. No civilian equivalent.
Related Military Skill. Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, KC-130, 6216.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.