|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 5963, Tactical Air Operations Module Repairer|
Summary. Tactical Air Operations Module (TAOM) repairers install, align, inspect, test, maintain and repair electronic modules, assemblies and subassemblies, and systems software of the Tactical Air Operations Module.
(1) Must possess an EL score of 105 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic Electronics Course.
(3) Complete the Tactical Air Operations Module (TAOM) Repair Course (MOS 5963).
(4) Eligible for a secret security clearance.
(5) Minimum of 1 year high school algebra.
(6) Must have normal color vision.
(7) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(1) Demonstrates knowledge of basic electricity and electronics, including theory of digital and analog solid state circuitry.
(2) Energizes all equipment groups of the TDS.
(3) Aligns/adjusts all internal TDS subassemblies for proper operation.
(4) Aligns/adjusts the peripheral equipment inputs for proper operation.
(5) Identifies system malfunctions by utilizing operational and diagnostic computer programs, operations and maintenance panel indications, and other inherent self-test features.
(6) Restores system operation by substituting a good subassembly for a defective one.
(7) Uses special test equipment such as digital, analog, and power supply test sets, general purpose test equipment, and TDS maintenance publications for the isolation of defective parts on a subassembly.
(8) Uses normal and special hand tools to remove and replace parts on all TDS subassemblies, replace cable connectors, and wire the printed circuit board connectors per approved instructions.
(9) Uses the Marine Corps Technical Publications System to obtain identifying data on parts or maintenance float items in equipment maintenance.
(10) Prepares requisitions for parts and maintenance float items required in equipment maintenance.
(11) Performs maintenance standards checks and/or preventive maintenance on TDS equipment groups, special test equipments, and tools.
(12) Accumulates, records, interprets, and reports equipment maintenance history.
(13) Prepares the TDS for deployment.
(14) Uses the secondary repairable items program and the recoverable items program to restore defective electronics equipment to serviceable condition.
(15) Monitors supply action on requisitions.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code. Electronics Mechanic 828.281-010.
Related Military Skill
(1) TACC Technician, 5974.
(2) TAOM Technician, 5979.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.