|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 2841, Ground Radio Repairer|
Summary. Ground radio repairers install and repair radio equipment, including multichannel radio equipment, used by ground and aviation forces. MOS 2841s also perform troubleshooting on combinations of radio sets, terminals, and related devices to ensure reliable service to users. Typical duties include the repairing, aligning, and calibration of radio equipment and secure voice systems; requisitioning of components and parts; completion of repair requests and records; and the interconnection of equipment to provide special capabilities.
(1) Must have an EL score of 115 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic Electronics Course, and the Ground Radio Repair Course.
(3) Minimum of 1 year of high school algebra.
(4) Eligible for a secret security clearance.
(5) Must have normal color vision.
(6) Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties. For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.44C_, Individual Training Standards.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code
(1) Radio Mechanic 823.261-018.
(2) Electrician, Radio 823.281-014.
Related Military Skill. Multichannel Equipment Repairer, 2831.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.