|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 2629, Signals Intelligence Analyst|
Summary. This MOS is a skill designator MOS which requires formal analysis and reporting training. Signals intelligence analysts duties encompass all facets of signals analysis and supervision of selected collection and EW/COMSEC operations. In this function, the analysts develop and maintain records on technical aspects of target communications, develop and maintain communications order of battle files, situation maps, and other related COMINT files. Analysts prepare and issue reports to include intelligence reports, technical reports, and summaries. Analyst may be required to perform Signals Intelligence briefings, prior to advancement to master sergeant (2691), opportunities are provided for analyst to attend a national level supervisory course in preparation for management/leadership assignments. This MOS will be assigned as a skill designator MOS only to persons holding primary MOSs 2621, 2631, and 267X.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Complete the Fleet Analysis and Reporting Course or the Crypotologic Skills for Senior Supervisors Course.
(3) Must possess a top secret security clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
(4) U.S. citizen.
(5) This MOS will be assigned and voided only by the authority of the CMC (MM).
Duties. For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to the current MOS Manual.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code
(1) Radio-Intelligence Operator 193.162-014.
(2) Electronic Intelligence Operations Specialist 193.382-010.
Related Military Skill. Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) Intercept Operator/Analyst, 2631.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.