|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 2542, Communication Center Operator|
Summary. Communication center operators work in vital message and communication centers in the FMF and at bases, posts and stations. They process, record, and type messages, data cards, and tapes so that they can be sent or received. Duties include operating teletypewriters, optical character readers, tape transport, and terminal consoles, as well as correcting, retrieving, and logging in messages. This MOS is retained as a skill designator only to MOS 4066.
(1) GT score of 110 or higher.
(2) EDPT of 50 or higher.
(3) Complete the Small Computer Systems Specialist Course, MCCES, 29 Palms, CA.
(4) Two years of active duty remaining upon graduation from training.
(5) This MOS will be assigned and voided only by authority of the CMC (MM).
(6) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(7) Must have a secret security clearance.
Duties. For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.83A, Individual Training Standards.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code. Telegraphic Typewriter Operator 203.582-050.
Related Military Skill. Communication Center Chief, 2549.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.