|Marine Corps (USMC) Enlisted Job Descriptions|
|MOS 0612, Field Wireman|
Summary. Field wiremen are the foundation of wire communications in the Marine Corps. Personnel holding this designation construct, operate, and maintain wire networks to link key outposts, control points, and headquarters with reliable paths for the transmission of telephone, teletype, facsimile, and digital data messages. Typical duties of this MOS are installing telephones and switchboards, laying wire and cable, adjusting equipment for proper operation, recovering wire, locating wire system faults, and operating switchboards. Field wiremen may obtain the additional skill of pole climbing if deemed necessary to perform wire functions.
(1) EL score of 90 or higher.
(2) Complete Field Wireman Course.
(3) Must have normal color vision.
(4) Must hold a confidential security clearance and be eligible for a secret clearance.
(5) Must be a U.S. citizen.
Duties. For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.83A, Individual Training Standards.
Related DOT Classification/DOT Code
(1) Station Installer and Repairer 822.261-022.
(2) Line Installer and Repairer 822.381-014.
Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.