States Army Enlistment Programs
Program 9G - Army IRR (PS) Direct Enlistment Program
of option: Enlistment into the United States Army Reserve (USAR) with concurrent
assignment to USAR (Control Group Reinforcement).
Available to: Prior Service (PS) applicants qualified for enlistment in the USAR under Chapter 3.
Prerequisites that must be met before enlistment
a. Meet basic eligibility criteria for enlistment as prescribed by Table 3-1.
b. Must have successfully completed a BT course conducted by a US Armed Force during previous military service.
c. Have no remaining statutory obligation.
f. Applicant must enlist for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 years.
Prerequisites that must be met after enlistment
a. Member will remain assigned to USAR Control Group 9Reinforcement) for entire period of enlistment unless electing one of the following options:
1. Apply for enlistment in the RA under Chapter 3.
2. Transfer to a TPU of the Selected Reserve under AR 140-10.
b. Member of the USAR Control Group (Reinforcement) must-
1. Complete and promptly return all military correspondence.
2. Promptly report all changes of address to Commander, ARPERCEN, ATTN: DARP-PRR-PM, 9700 Page Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132-5200.
Information to applicant
a. Applicant will be informed of previous five items and the following:
1. Time spent in the IRR will count toward computation of time-ingrade and time-in-service for promotion consideration and longevity for pay purposes.
2. Member of the IRR is not entitled to receive pay unless member is serving on AD or ADT.
3. Promotion consideration will be under policy currently in effect for members of the IRR. (See AR 140-158.)
4. Fifteen points are awarded for each year for membership in the Ready Reserve. Member must accrue 50 points per year for 20 years to qualify for retired pay on reaching age 60.
b. Member of the IRR may be involuntarily ordered to AD in time of war or national emergency declared by the President or Congress of the United States or under any other conditions authorized by law in effect at time of enlistment, or which may later be enacted.
Information Derived From Army Regulation 601-210