Duties: Directs and coordinates the implementation of the following activities: Receipt, storage, issue, surveillance test, maintenance, modification, destruction, demilitarization of conventional ammunition, missile explosive components, and non nuclear items. Investigates and reports conventional ammunition accidents, failures, or malfunctions. Serves as a platoon or section leader. Supervises and manages Standard Army Ammunition Systems (SAAS) at unit level and its associated ADP equipment. Prepares and/or reviews ammunition storage waivers. Prepares, reviews, and/or implements fire fighting procedures for conventional and special ammunition. Plans, reviews, and/or implements emergency destruction of munitions, missiles, and special weapons. Plans, reviews, and/or implements policies and procedures for surveillance of chemical, biological, and nuclear material wastes.
- Be a SGT(P) (E5P) with six years ammunition field experience in MOS 55B, 55D or 55Z. (Recruiting, Drill Sergeant and other non-technical duties are not considered field experience) (USAR, Army National Guard: Civilian experience related to MOS 910A will be taken into consideration).
- BNCOC graduate from a feeder MOS and meet Personnel Reliability Program requirements of AR 50-6.
- Provide a hard (paper) copy of at least three NCOERs which reflect recent outstanding and exceptional duty performance ratings in a maintenance supervisory capacity. Copy of three NCOERs must be provided even if already on service member's fiche.
- Enclose a written recommendation from a Warrant Officer from within the applicant's organization who holds the WO MOS the applicant is applying for. In organizations where no WO in the correct MOS is available, a letter of recommendation from a senior WO in the correct MOS from a supporting ammunition unit can be substituted.
- Have completed a minimum of six credit hours of college level English. (Successful completion of the English College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is the only acceptable substitute). Speech is not considered an English substitute.
Preferred qualifications (Minimum plus):
- SSG with 7-9 years experience in feeder MOS with three years being supervisory and at least 30 semester hours of college credit or the equivalent.
- Applicants exceeding 12 years Active Federal Service (AFS) at the time of application submission must be approved by HQDA.
Return to Warrant Officer Jobs Menu
Information Courtesy of Army Regulation 611-21 and United States Army