Many servicemembers are offered a monetary bonus to reenlist. Here's how to calculate the amount of that bonus:
Time Required: 15 Minutes
- Look up your monthly base pay on the military pay chart.
- Determine your Reenlistment Zone (Zone A is 21 months - 6 years; Zone B is 6 years - 10 years; Zone C is 10 years - 14 years).
- Look up the correct Bonus Multiplier for your Reenlistment Zone and MOS (Job).
- Multiply your monthly base pay by the Bonus Multiplier (BM X BP).
- Multiply the result by the number of years you are reenlisting for.
- The result is the total amount of your reenlistment bonus. One-half will be paid upon reenlistment, and the rest divided to pay annually.
- If you are reenlisting for partial years, use fractions. For example, 4 1/2 years is 4.5.
- Remember that about 25 percent will be deducted for federal and state taxes.